Jih Shang Hwang
1991-1997 Ph.D., National
Cheng Kung University
1988-1991 M. S. in physics, National Cheng Kung University
1984-1988 B. S. in physics, National Cheng Kung University
Experiences and Activities
- Military service at Mazu
island, responsible for enviromental works, recycling
- Paten Applying for "A
system for heat capacity measurement by fitting the whole
temperature response of a heat-pulsed calorimeter."
been confirmed as Paten number 096001 in Taiwan, ROC.
- Military School of Logistics, student,
helped building up assessment database system of
- Part-time programmer, completed a
material tension testing system for industries,
'TENSILE', with user friendly interface and flexibility.
1991-1997 Research assistant, Low
Temperature Physics laboratory, department of physics, NCKU
- Invented a automatic heat capacity measurement system
solving Tau1 and Tau2 in calorimetry. The employed method
published on Review of Scientific Instruments.
- Developed 'XRAYSCAN', a
indexing program capable of analyzing Xray powder
diffraction patterns with spurious peaks.
- Set up Low Temperature
Physics, including measurement system of magnetic,
thermal and transport properties for alloys or compounds.
- Study thermal, magnetic and
transport properties of high temperature superconductors,
Rare earth compounds or alloys, including spin glass,
heavy fermion, kondo lattice ...etc.
- Teaching asistant for general physics
1988-1991 TA, Department
of Physics, NCKU
- Setup Closed Cycle cryosystem for
- Study the effect of non-magnetic
impurities for high temperature superconductors.
- Setup Closed cycle resistance
measurement system using lockin amplifiers.
1984-1988 Student, Depeart of Physics, NCKU
- Member of colledge traditional chinese
music club, acted as a member, tutor and an adviser in
the Koto teaching class.
- Held a Koto concert in colledge hall
- Chief Editor of 'Collection of Koto
Music Scores of NCKU'(in Chinese).
- Assitant Editor of Annual 'NCKU
- Member of Colledge Chinese Martial Art
- Cryogenic techniques, design
and system handling.
- Xray powder diffraction
- Computer programming: VB,
VBA, Pascal, Fortune, C, ASP
- Data acquisition and analysis
for automatic control (IEEE488, Rs232, 8255 I/O...)
- Softwares: Excel, Word,
Powerpoint, Access, Home page design...etc.
- Numerical Analysis
- Computer programming
- Playing Koto
- Playing tennis
- Reading, thinking, ...