Recent Seminars and Posters by Alan Hewat
Return to Alan Hewat's CV page
updated 18 August 2005 (Adobe Acrobat PDF files converted from MS-PowerPoint)
These are some recent lectures and posters at various conferences and laboratories.
Naturally some of the material is repeated or only slightly modified for various audiences.
The presentations were produced in MS PowerPoint and saved as PDF documents.
Some of the animations were thus lost, but these pages still represent the content of the lectures.
It is best to set Acrobat Reader to open as an independant application rather than an MSIE plug-in.
To do this, close MSIE, open Acrobat and choose Edit/Preferences/Options. Then de-select "Display PDF in Browser"
(or else first download the PDF file to your own machine by right-clicking on it under Windows.
- High Flux Diffractometers on Reactor Neutron Sources - Invited Lecture, ICNS, Sydney 27 Nov - 2 Dec 2005
- Super-D2B at ILL Grenoble - PPT Poster for EPSRC-ILL Meeting, Grenoble 25-27 May 2005
- High Flux Neutron Diffractometers - British Crystallography Association, Loughborough, April 2005
- The Future of ILL Diffraction Instruments - ILL Science Council, Nov. 2004
- Progress with DRACULA - ILL Instrument Committee Meeting 4 Oct 2004 and
Abstract of the Presentation
- Structure and Materials – A Bridge for European Science - New ILL Partners, Krakow 16 Sept 2004
- Super D2B – A High Resolution 2D Neutron Detector E.Suard, C.Ritter, A.Hewat - Invited lecture, EPDIC-IX, Prague, 3 Sept 2004
- Public presentation of DRACULA - ILL Amphitheatre, 23 August 2004
- DRACULA Proposal for a new ILL instrument.
- Accepted ILL Millennium Project, detailed draft proposal 22 June 2004
- DRACULA & EXED Powder Diffractometers. - Invited lecture, HMI Berlin Workshop on EXED, Berlin 10-11 May 2004
- Materials Research at CCLRC European Labs. - Invited lecture, CCLRC-IOP Materials Awareness Workshop, London 10 March 2004
- DRACULA - A Small Sample, High Pressure Diffractometer at ILL - ILL Instrument Committee Proposal 17 Oct 2003
- BRITTAX - A UK-CRG High Flux Diffractometer at ILL - ILL Instrument Committee Proposal 17 Oct 2003
- Super D2B - first results - ILL Science Council, 11 April 2003
- Neutron Diffraction - Central European Neutron Scattering Course, Budapest 7-11 April 2003
- The ILL Millennium Programme in Diffraction - Central European Neutron Scattering Course, Budapest 7-11 April 2003
- Peter Fischer, Powder Diffraction and Superconductors - Festkolloquium aus Anlass der Pensionierung von Dr Peter Fischer, PSI ETH-Zurich, 25 Oct 2002
- Neutrons and New Materials - Invited Plenary Lecture, Islamic Academy of Sciences, Islamabad, 14-17 Oct 2002
(PPT audio/video 54Mbyte).
- Crystal Chemistry & Soft Matter Studied by Synchrotron & Neutron Diffraction -
ILL-ESRF satellite to IUCr, Grenoble, 1-3 Aug, 2002
- The ILL Millennium Programme - A Bridge to ESS - Swedish Neutron Scattering Society, Lund, 3-4 Dec 2001
- Super-D2B or D Not-to-Be - A high resolution, high intensity diffractometer - ILL Millennium Symposium, Grenoble, 6-7 April, 2001
- Lectures on Neutron Diffraction - Beijing and Taiwan invited lecture programme
(photo), Nov/Dec 2000
- The ILL Diffraction Group and Powder Diffraction
- Design Considerations for a High Resolution Powder Diffractometer
- Millennium Programme Projects in the ILL Diffraction Group
- New Science with Neutron Powder Diffraction
- WWW Graphic User Interfaces - Invited lecture, European Crystallography Meeting, Nancy, 25-31 August 2000
- Neutron Powder Diffraction & Novel Materials - Invited lecture, Swiss Neutron Summer School, Zuoz, August 2000
- The ILL Millennium Programme - Invited lecture, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (Minerals), Melbourne , 5 July 2000
- The Millennium Programme at ILL - Invited plenary lecture, Australian Institute of Nuclear Science and Engineering, Sydney, 22 June 2000
- Does Structure Matter ? - Plenary lecture, Institut Laue-Langevin Science Council, Grenoble, 22 October 1999
- What's New with ICSD-for-WWW ? - The Inorganic Crystal Structure Database for the WWW, Invited lecture, International Union of Crystallography Congress, Glasgow, August 1999
- 30 Years of Rietveld Refinement - Neutron Powder Diffraction - Invited lecture, International Union of Crystallography Congress, Glasgow, 5 August 1999
- The Impact of Informatics - Invited lecture, Neutron Diffraction Meeting, Oxford, August 1999
Return to ILL's home page Alan