Make your PDF Station
MacPDF can show you at least 15 ways to do it.
15 operations you either can't do with a PC
or can't do as effectively.
- Bullet-proof single-mouse drag installation. No Possibility of configuration problems, or incorrectly installed files.
Innovative, Resourceful Search/Display
- Display as many search result sets at one time as you want... Instead of just one result set, as on a PC.
- Use the windows menu to list multiple result sets and to select which set to view in the front-most window. No windows menu with the PC.
- Stick graph intensity ruled to display exact values. No rules on PC.
- Simultaneously open as many PDF card images as you wish. PC is limited to four.
- See the optical data column of each PDF card on the screen. No column on the PC.
- PDF card image displayed using styled text (e.g. stoichiochemistry is subscripted in formula, etc.). No styled text on PC.
- Perform a rapid search for Chemical Name Fragments. Slow search on PC.
- Save the entire state of your working environment in a single file: individual PDF card images, search result sets and stick graphs
all saved together in single files. Not available on PC.
Optimizations for Search
- Delayed and batch processing allow you to circumvent slow CD-ROM access times.
Random & paged access for match list. Not available on PC.
Enhanced Graphics for Stick Graphs
- Multiple choices for control of display of sticks: colors, patterns, labels. Single color
only for sticks on PC, no labels or patterns.
- Clipboard and printing operations available for stick graphs. No corresponding operations on PC.
Rapid, Easy Exporting of Results
- Export search result set to ascii file. Can't do on PC.
- Export PDF card contents to ascii file. Can't do on PC.
- Export stick graph to file in standard graphics file format. Can't do on PC.
- Printed image of PDF cards, search result sets and stick graphs can be scaled to an
arbitrary percentage using print setup. Can't do on PC.
Interactive Phase Identification
- Introduced by -- and solely available on -- MacPDF Version 3 to allow you to perform
the final analytic operations on the desktop.
- Take advantage of the Mac's legendary ease of use to rapidly and directly analyze
unknowns using v3 Interactive Phase Identification.
What a customer has to say about MacPDF...
"I had promised you a list of comments and feedback... people thought that the software
was easy to use, reliable, and even the v2.2 software had capabilities that aren't
available with the software shipped from ICDD. Personally, I like the software and I
certainly enjoy dealing with a company as responsive to our needs as yours appears
"The 'PDF Station' is now more useful and functional than it ever was under the PC
-- Dr. David Johnson, Janis Research (used MacPDF while at Brookhaven National Labs)